RDC is a provincial Crown Corporation established to strengthen the focus, quantity, quality, and relevance of R&D for the long-term economic benefit of Newfoundland and Labrador.
We have two lines of business:
R&D Programs: RDC invests in projects that support highly-qualified people, world-class infrastructure and cutting-edge research.
R&D Solutions: RDC delivers applied R&D services needed by businesses, to help them solve their technical challenges right here in Newfoundland and Labrador.
To maximize the economic impact of investments, RDC targets the priority sectors of energy, mining/minerals and ocean technology given the province’s competitive advantages in those sectors, while also investing in projects in other sectors that will deliver a positive economic impact.
In delivering our mandate, we work to:
- Increase business investment in R&D
- Target industries with identified technical needs, market opportunities or resource development potential
- Emphasize quality, industry relevance and economic impact when considering institutional investments in R&D
- Employ a global lens in evaluating opportunities to ensure investment decisions are strategic and aligned with Newfoundland and Labrador’s competitive advantages
- Facilitate local, national and international collaboration among R&D stakeholders – business, academia and others.